Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Colony of War Blog/Review

Colony of War

Heya everyone, I played Colony of War in the technical beta personally under the name snakester95. I practically owned a union called Union of Hearts for anyone who may of known me, we made it to the 10th rank. Currently I'm playing in the open beta, leading my union Ravens. We're ranked 3rd right now with a 100 or 200 population lead. The game is fun at first, space is definitely a fun part, but after a while construction, research, and unit production becomes enormous time lengths. Which is something various browser games like this are known for, but the time lengths definitely hold you back a lot. Personally, I may only play a couple more weeks, considering in a week some of my buildings may take three days to finish and it wouldn't surprise me. As the game has only been out 10 - 13 days, it still has some bugs here and there and is being worked on. If you've played Evony, I would say it's very much like that in the Colony area. But then there's the space, but once you get into space you'll learn you should party up with people for most killing quests and the rest of the time doing five 2hr harvests throughout the day. So basically it's a big waiting game and if you're a weaker player as to your army, once your 7 day peacetime is up, there are people who may farm you for resources. Anti-matter and sol are resources many players will attack your colony for as you can't get it from many different sources. Currently in the game I've been attacked multiple times by the same player as I just passed his union in the ranks, so he's farming me basically. Part of the game is unfortunately very unbalanced due to nCash users, making this a buy to win. It may be less as bad in the future though. Right now my Colony Hall is upgrading to level 11 which I think I have four hours left and total it was a 21 hour wait. My research is currently only 1hr as opposed to my usual 12 hour one. Often I've got a 1 - 3 hour wait for making my armies which is lovely. Then while all this is going on I get to go and do 2hr harvests. The game is very fun and you'll have to rely on the community for certain times of boredom. What is going to probably get me to leave soon enough, is in a way the grinding of the game. The constant wait time of doing absolutely nothing. It's like alright, lets start my construction, research, army building, harvest, and then come back in maybe two hours for another harvest, or come back tomorrow and just check into the game once a day to do daily quests and those things. Therefore it's going to get boring quick.

Cya later. =]

No comments:

Post a Comment