Saturday, January 8, 2011

Amnesia The Dark Descent

Damn.. this game. My brother bought it, almost beat it, but didn't beat it yet. But he told me how it was a really scary game and freaked him out, so I was like alright, scary game, I feel like getting scared. You know, extremely logical. But screw that. So I bought the game for I think $20 over steam. Not too bad, pretty worth it though. I haven't beat it yet, I'm a little into the sewers. Only did like one puzzle so far. But that place right before the sewers was the place that scared the hell out of me. I think that was the Prison. I started shaking and my hands were sweating a little. I've figured out I'm wrong with this theory, but as I was going around the place I felt like everytime I started to run a fricken monster would pop out as if the game was telling me to stop running. But it's kind of like a triggered thing. Then you have to deal with a blurry screen and high pitched "eeee" 'ing noises. The creators are so smart with the curiosity part of the human mind in this game. You really want to look at the monster, but if you do it'll probably see you and you'll go insane. You can have a monster like right behind you, look at a wall and it'll pass. You can be extremely far from one, look at it, and it'll see you. I've learned this very well, but I'm still a victim of it. You're like shaking to take a look, but you can't, and you just hear it's foot steps and moaning getting closer. I hate when you go insane to where your have the "..." description. Especially after you've heard like 50 audio visions. Because as I'm walking through the place it's like we're going to make a ton of people cry and someone getting strangled to death as you walk around. Then when you're insane you hear a monster moaning and other freaky stuff going on and you don't know if it's real or not. So it's just like what the hell, is a monster right behind me and I should keep looking at a wall so I'm in more darkness and going more insane. Random thought, the worst is the fricken cochroaches or whatever it is that crawl across your screen. If you think about it, they're in your eyes... Creepy game though definitely. I beat Penumbra Overture before playing this game, so I was into reading notes. But then I started playing Amnesia and I feel like the notes are soo long and most of them aren't even helpful for puzzles and such. A lot of them are for plot; like the backstory, so I give the creators credit for putting the time into that. They really did think it out well. But personally, I've just lost interest, and go to my notebook, and just look to whatever that section is that gives you the notes that actually help you out. Like this and this to make an explosive, this goes here, this goes there, etc. Well I'm going to bail and go play some more Amnesia, thanks for reading everyone.

Cya later.

No comments:

Post a Comment