Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Spiral Knights - Comments

Heya, making some comments as I go through the game below:

- The character customization is a bit small, but typical. It doesn't give you the choice as to male or female, but after running through the three helmets you can have, one is male, one is female, and the other is either male or neither.
- Then you have a selection of three different types of armor, some a bit weird, but I decided to go with 2.
- Multiple "Design" selections, which basically color your armor as a set and there are seven of. Chose 6.
- They have a small color bar you can drag back and forth on in order to customize your characters eyes and whatever else wasn't affect by the design color.
- Choose your name, no numbers. Awh, Snakester is taken, Snakesta it is.
- Definitely a nice jump into the game tutorial that isn't boring that you'll want to skip right away. The game definitely seems smooth so far. And once you jump into the game they throw you into a quest/mission with a small plot it seems.
- The pistol in the tutorial is a lot weaker than the sword.
- After completing the tutorial it seems like the missions coming up are like instance based.
- Finding NPC's in the Rescue Camp isn't exactly the easiest, could probably be ways to make them stand out more. Just noticed the traveling merchant, he definitely stands out once you see them. =P
- Just did the Abandoned Depot and I'm not sure if the money/crowns are split or what. But it seems like it's more so whoever gets to it first, gets the money. If that's the case, then I'd be disappointed. I joined up with my first party and said hey, but no reply. So for my first group, no talking, but I mean I wouldn't expect a lot as you're usually doing stuff. Unless you were stuck at a part or something. But a nice greeting is good usually. Looks like I pulled in 282 crowns off that though.
- Looks like "Energy" is the currency you have to spend real money for. Curious if they have a system like with the doubloon oceans in Puzzle Pirates. I was able to make a crew, get badges, and ships without spending a cent.
- Seems like you can level up your equipment just by playing through the instances which then makes it stronger. I believe it starts out with a solid amount, the amount it currently has in damage, defense, etc. But it also may have a bit of an extension of the bar, but it's like faded. I'm going to assume as you level up your equipment, you slowly get that.
- Got a random friend request and accepted it. Sounds like Puzzle Pirates already with getting a thousand random hearty requests.
- Creating a team can be easier than joining one sometimes. They do fill up quick for sure.
- The cross the chasm to get to the Haven quest is really easy, so don't get scared or anything. I talked to the npc and they acted like it was really tough when it isn't.
- First thing I noticed when getting here was the trade channel we all love in various games.

No comments:

Post a Comment