Friday, June 10, 2011

Arma 2 Multiplayer Free


Hey guys, Arma 2 Multiplayer will be coming out for free later in the month. I own the game personally and it can be fun, but don't expect this to be Bad Company 2. This is more so, as real as war can get, which means, there are moments where you will run across a desert for 20 minutes, be in a convoy where nothing goes on for an hour, or five minutes of fighting. Maybe strategically walking through a city. As the game allows you to make custom maps in the free version and the buyable version there is a huge variety of missions which is good. You can find a mission that'll take over 24 hours or a mission that'll take 15 minutes.  The game is definitely something you'll want to play with friends or maybe join up a clan and play on their server. The campaign won't be allowed in the free version and you won't be able to mod in the free version. If you want to do either of those you'd have to buy Arma 2 for $39.99. There's an expansion called Operation Arrowhead that if you bought it separately from Arma 2 it'd be another $39.99, but instead you can buy them both for $44.99 which I recommend. Personally I found the game to be okay, but I wasn't huge on the long periods of time of doing nothing. I ended up joining a server to play with my brother, grabbed a mini helicopter, flew for ten minutes, go to the objective area. Ran for five minutes into a city area to find out all the killing and the objective was practically done. But there have been other times where I'd play a sniping or assault mission on a small village or town with my brother that have been okay. My personal experience has been debatable, so it's not at the top of the list for me but it definitely can be fun. You'll find that many veterans tend to play this game as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment