Thursday, May 26, 2011

APB Quick Comments

Played All Points Bulletin for several hours yesterday after that Spiral Knights post. I went with the criminal role as I wanted to be one and my brother used to play one. So we'll probably team up there. I noticed maybe a few quick lag spikes where it like clipped, but I also played for like five hours. Maybe a bit less, but it was a while. Driving is interesting, but I'm only like average at it, definitely more of a gunner sorta guy. The grouping system is very nice, even if you're not looking to stick with a certain group. Just by pressing "K' you're right into a mission within seconds either doing a solo mission to spray paint some walls, maybe a hardcore 3v3 capture the checkpoint mission, and more. Each mission usually has 3 - 7 things to do in them, which can vary. Being as the world is a nice size, wherever you are they try to set you up with a mission closest to you which is nice. As the game is in third person, you can go up against a wall and try to look over it or around it, which obviously isn't realistic, but can make things interesting. It can benefit you and make you more aware. For a certain mission I was doing to hold a checkpoint, I kept hiding behind a pillar and peeking out with the camera watching this guy run over to the checkpoint every time then jumped out and scared him =P Usually he'd run right past me toward the checkpoint and I'd shoot up his back. A couple times he realized to look there and I'd just go around to other sides of the pillar as he'd look and still get him =P But I mean you just have to keep moving around when defending a location, you can surprise the enemy every time when they think you're still in the same spot. On that mission I moved like every time I killed the guy and got 12 kills in a row. The 3v3 or 4v4 missions are definitely crazy even though it doesn't seem that big. I love when most of my team and the other team have a big crossfire, then I'll run around the side and flank two or three guys usually. Oh and by the way I mentioned in my last post about APB about weapons not being permanent. I've noticed some weapons/equipment/cars are permanent while others can be bought cheap for a certain amount of time. Most cars are permanent from what I saw quick. I haven't really gone through the weapons a lot yet as I'm not the right ranks to get new stuff yet, but when I'm there I'll give you guys a heads up. Not sure if I'll be able to do videos of APB, but I'll have to see what happens. Screenshots are a definite.

- Thanks for reading guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment